All of my images are © Brad Sillars. This copyright exists with or without an image being watermarked (though most of mine are).
I photograph with the intent of sharing my work. After all, what good is a visual piece of nobody gets to look at it? With that said, there are certain terms for various usage of my work.
Sharing my work: I do encourage you to share my work if you enjoy it! I do ask that all instances of sharing the image is attributed to Me (Brad Sillars) and that the attribution appear with the image and a link to my website (http://bradsillars.com). Watermarks (if present) must remain in tact and visible and no other text/graphics may be added to the image without permission.
Commercial Use and when a License is needed: If an image is being used to drive viewers to a business, non-profit outlet, or other entity a license must be issued by Me and Me alone. As a business it is your responsibility to do your due diligence to verify if a license is required for imagery before it is used. Instances of commercial use that will require a license are:
- Background images, banners, or other prominent aesthetic elements of a website either personal or business.
- Social media posts creating a “call to action” to drive viewers to a product or business.
- Promoting an event or fund-raising campaign
- Promotional material for any sort of business, profit or non-profit.
- Advertising a product or service either in print or digital
- Prints that appear in private homes, offices, or the public view
- Editorial pieces appearing in outlets that gain revenue from ads or sales (magazines, newspapers, e-zines, etc)
Instances requiring a license are not limited to these examples.
If you have a question about licensing please don’t hesitate to Contact me using the hotlink or emailing brad [AT] bradsillars.com